{The fun starts here} layout (8/1/16)

by - 5:40 PM



Hello!  I'm back with another layout using a sketch. Unfortunately I did this layout right before going on vacation and forgot all about posting it! Oh well. The sketch I used was from the Let's Get Sketchy blog using the July Week 1 Team A sketch.

I love all of the sketches they provide. When I am in peak scrappy condition I often times do not use sketches. But when I am in a scrappy slump I find that sketches and all of the beautiful inspiration provided by the design team really help rev up my mojo. Here is what I created using the sketch:

For this layout I chose to attempt to make it more masculine for my son. I figured that I could use some pink because of the flamingos. I continued to use my scrap bin and random ephemera collection. Here is a list of what I used:
  • Background paper: Dear Lizzy Documentary
  • Side chevron strip: Simple Stories
  • Yellow strip and layer: scrap from my stash. I think American Crafts
  • White print strip and layer: Jen Hadfield Best of Collection from Michaels
  • Pink banner layer: Unknown manufacturer
  • Flamingo tag: Simple Stories cut apart
  • Teal layer paper: I believe this is American Crafts
  • Pink polka dot scrap at top: Dear Lizzy Polka Dot Party die cuts
  • "Sunshine": We R Memory Keepers Inked Rose Words cut apart
  • Yellow note paper: Unknown manufacturer
  • Larger flower: fussy cut from a We R Memory Keepers Tiffany Collection paper
  • Small flower: fussy cut from Amy Tangerine Yes Please Fulfill paper
  • Teal flower: Prima Perles- Rosarian
  • Puffy hearts: Sticko brand from WalMart
  • Glitter enamel dots: Finally figured out they are KI Memories Playlist Collection
  • Washi: Recollections Color Splash
  • Yellow paper heart: fussy cut from Amy Tangerine Plus One  paper
  • Pink block letters: My Minds Eye
  • Teal glitter letters: Thickers Sunny
  • Pink glitter letters: Heidi Swapp
I'm excited for a new month to begin along with all of the new challenges from Let's Get Sketchy.

You May Also Like

0 comments