{Lap Dog Moments} layout (9/18/16)

by - 6:04 PM



Hello!  Back again with another sketch.  This time I am using Sketches in Thyme sketch 219.  On the reveal of this sketch my layout for Crimp Crazy was the feature (shameless back pat!!)! I was super surprised and excited!  It always feels great when one of your creations are chosen as the favorite out of so many amazing entries!  Anyway, here is the sketch I used:
12524137_10154105741301133_8168447939680254632_n.jpg









I had printed out three pictures for a previous sketch that I didn't use.  I decided that they would work well for this one.  I rotated the orientation of the layout because my pictures were landscape.  I chose out some older papers that I wanted to get used.  I had some issues with this layout.  It is VERY busy for me.  I just kept going with it though and I was ok with the way it turned out.  Not my best but not my worst.  It's hard when you have an idea and it just won't work.  Oh well.  Here's my layout:
img_2777img_2778fullsizerender-3fullsizerender-2
I wanted to use pattern paper for my background and mix two patterns together.  That is where is all started to go wrong for me!  Anyway, I like I said I chose to rotate the orientation to fit my photos.  I used to 4x6-ish sized photos and one 4x4.  I wanted to be able to add somewhere for journalling so that's why I chose a 4x4.  I use a Cannon Selphy to print my photos so all sizes are approximate due to the border and strange formatting.  I love my Selphy but it should not be used if you need precise sizes.
I created a YouTube video for this layout.  I am really enjoying making videos!  I think I have the recording down better but will continue to improve as needed.  I do need to get better at posting on the blog the same time as the video!  Come check out the video!

Here is a list of products I used:
  • background paper: MME-Now and Then-Mildred "Girls" Garden Paper (2014)
  • floral and text: Pebbles-Jen Hadfield-Home+Made-Best Of
  • teal strip and pink layer: American Crafts (?pretty sure?)
  • heart, gold arrow, and gold heart die cut: Becky Higgins-Project Life-Lucky Charm
  • Simply the best and chevron border sticker:Echo Park-For the Record 2 (2012)
  • flowers- Prima
  • tag: We-R-Memory Keepers- Wildflower cut apart sheet (2015)
  • scallop circle sticker: MME-Now and Then-Mildred "Girls" label stickers (2014)
  • label stickers: Studio Calico label stickers (2013)
  • You and me, moments, and letter stickers: Echo Park-Creative Agenda (2014)
  • roller date stamp-Pebbles
  • Ink-Hero Arts-Soft Granite
  • pearls-Freckled Fawn
  • gold ink: Heidi Swapp Color Shine-Gold (bought this on my break from this layout :))
See you next time!
untitled

You May Also Like

0 comments