{Not For Sale} Layout (9/29/16)

by - 6:13 PM


Hello!  Back again with another sketch challenge.  I used the September 15th sketch from Stuck?! Sketches to create this layout.  Here is the sketch:
13133330_10153430493651039_6437048419997870080_n.jpg
I really liked this sketch when I first saw it but then got busy with other things.  I was trying to come up with an idea and came back across this one in my Bloglovin' challenge collection.  I found the perfect photos and just went with it!  I decided to scrap some photos of my son's band.  They performed at a local coffee shop last Saturday and he got to sing and play the bass for one song.  Usually he just does one or the other but this time he got to do both.  It is one of those moments that make a mom super proud and bring tears to your eyes a little bit.  Anyway, I always take a ton of photos and chose 3 of the best for this layout.  Here is the layout:
img_2929
I followed the sketch pretty close with this one.  I really love this layout!  I love the black background and the pops of color.  I got to use one of those cassette tape die cuts from October Afternoon which is super exciting! I sewed a lot on this layout as well.  I stitched around the edge of the black paper and on each of the die cut/layering pieces.
I made a video for this layout.  My YouTube channel is running a little behind right now.  I was having some technical difficulties.  I will post the link to the video when it goes up.  Otherwise you can subscribe to my channel and that will make sure you don't miss any of my new videos (shameless plug)!

Here is a list of products that I used:
  • black background: Basic Grey
  • stripe mat: Pebbles-Jen Hadfield-Home+Made-Best Of Collection
  • tag: Maggie Holmes
  • Today card: MME Cut and Paste
  • die cuts: October Afternoon
  • stamps: Scraptastic
  • gems: Imaginisce
  • tile letters and photo stickers: Simple Stories
  • roller date stamp: Pebbles
  • letters: Thickers Kringle
  • Ink: Hero Arts Charcoal and Unicorn
As always, thanks for visiting!  Feel free to comment with any questions!  See you again soon!
Untitled

You May Also Like

0 comments