Favorite Dolphin (7/11/16)

by - 5:35 PM


Hello! Late last night I got the urge to scrap.  So I went onto Bloglovin' and searched through my feed for a sketch to use. I recently started following the Sketches in Thyme blog and the latest sketch (#208) from Brenshevia caught my eye.

I had printed three pictures of a dolphin from our trip to Sea World last March that I thought would be perfect for the sketch. Here's what I created:

I am a person who really struggles to use circles on my layouts. I don't know why. I love when other people do but I just hate the way they look when I try to recreate it. So instead of the sketchy circle I used a frame. I also felt I was missing something in the background so I drew some chevrons into the layers.  This layout came together in less than 45 minutes.
I have challenged myself to use up my box of random ephemera and my scraps, which makes it difficult for me to know all of the manufacturers of everything I used. I keep all of my scraps in a clear Iris container and my ephemera in a photo box. They get all mixed and jumbled so it's hard to keep them straight, but I will do my best to list the products I used.
  • Tag: Heidi Swapp
  • Grey Heart: Bella Blvd
  • Diagonal stripe velum: My Minds Eye Necessesities
  • Floral paper and photo chevron mat: Echo Park We Are Family
  • Blue arrow: Freckled Fawn
  • Wood alpha:Freckled Fawn
  • Favorite 4x6 card: Dear Lizzy
  • Background paper: Pink Paislee Memorandum
  • Wood grain layer paper: Jen Hadfield Best of pack from Michaels
The rest I'm pretty sure are from different American Craft embellishment packs. The pink layer I have no idea where it is from. I really like the way this turned out!

You May Also Like

0 comments