{Discover Nashville} layout (8/22/16)

by - 5:47 PM



Hello! Back again with another sketch. This one comes fromSketches in Thyme #212 by Breshevia Baker

This sketch is lovely but proved to be a challenge for me. I struggle with doily placement. I always feel that if its not whole it makes it look offsides or crooked or something (stupid perfectionism). Then the use of mixed media in the background.... I have a love-hate relationship with mixed media in that I love when others do it but hate when I try it. So, I cheated. 

This is the layout I created. The background paper is a Recollections watercolor paper with a grey ombré. I covered most of it for a subtle look. I moved the cluster from the bottom to the top and rearranged the doily placement to relieve my uneven doily anxiety. I chose to use two 4x4 photos instead of one. This was mainly due to a huge area of blank space in the lower photo. Since it was taken at an angle at a distance there is a large expanse of the concrete walk in the forefront of the photo. I used the second photo to cover the area. 
Here is the list of products I used:
  • Background paper: Recollections ombré watercolor
  • Floral strip: Dear Lizzy Documentary
  • Green chevron strip: My Mind's Eye Find Your Wings & Fly: Up and Away: Always (2013)
  • Ruler strip: Echo Park For The Record 2: #FRT36012 Borders
  • Happy, camera, date, letter stickers: Amy Tangerine Remarks (2013)
  • Discover word: Heidi Swapp (2013)
  • Rhinestone stickers: Freckled Fawn
  • Puffy hearts: Sticko from WalMart
  • Green flower: Sassafrass Lass Rainbow Layer Flowers
Hope to keep the momentum going and see you soon!

You May Also Like

0 comments