{Forever} layout (8/20/16)

by - 5:45 PM



Hello! Today I was working with the Creative Scrappers sketch #297.

This sketch was created by Kristine Davidson with a cut file designed by Ashley Horton,of The Cut Shoppe, in mind. Now I do not own a Silhouette so I am outta luck with the awesome cut files offered by Ashley's shop. Instead I decided to go way deep into my stash to use a paper I have been hoarding FOREVER that would mimic the cut file. Here is the layout I created:

I have to say I LOVE October Afternoon. The vintage design and quality of the papers are what draw me in. But I hate cream based papers. I never know what to do with them. I cannot mix white and cream no matter how hard I try. So I was stumped on how to use this. I tried many background paper before I stumbled upon this one from Fancy Pants. It has a cream base that is close to the October Afternoon cream. I decided to use the vintage feel to help guide my embellishments (and help me use up other vintage feeling papers). If I had to change anything I would not use a black pen for journaling and would pop some of the flowers and the photo up on some foam. Overall, I love this layout! Here is a list of what I used:
  • Background paper: Fancy Pants Collecting Moments #2031 Potpourri (2013)
  • Circle cut out: October Afternoon Fly A Kite #PP-516 Ice Cream (2010)
  • Flowers cut from Echo Park For The Record 2 #FRT36002 Bouquet (2012)
  • Turquoise print layer: October Afternoon (2010 or earlier)
  • Floral layer: Crate Paper Flea Market Ellie
  • Word cut apart: Echo Park For The Record 2 #FRT36012 Borders (2012)
  • Glitter dots: KI Memories (I think)
  • Puffy heart stickers: from WalMart
I'm going to try to get back to scrapping. My injury makes it difficult but it helps me feel better emotionally so I think I will make it a priority! Until next time!

You May Also Like

0 comments