{Glow Party} layout (8/23/16)

by - 5:48 PM



Hello! Back again with another layout. This one is of my girls at a pool party when we were on vacation in March. The picture was bright and colorful so I felt that it needed a bright and colorful layout. I chose to use the August week 1 sketch from Let's Get Sketchy.

The sketch was created by the talented Brenshevia. I was super excited about this sketch because I thought I had the perfect paper to use. Unfortunately, I couldn't find it. So then I struggled. It's always hard when you have something pictures in your head and it doesn't work out. But I moved on. I chose to ignore the sunburst pattern in the background and went with a bright polka dot.

I love the way this turned out! The colors are fantastic. I made my own pinwheels for embellishments using a scrap of one of the papers I used to layer. I also used OLD brads from my stash. I traced some hearts around the clusters just for some added detail. I didn't use the banner under the photo. Banners are another thing I struggle with. I don't know why but they always seem out of place for me. I used my scissors to rough up the edges of the layer papers. I'm really loving the brightness of this layout!
Here is a list of products I used:
  • Background: Recollections Boho
  • Teal chevron and black polka dot layer paper: Jen Hadfield Homemade
  • Yellow polka dot layer and pinwheel paper: Amy Tangerine Better Together (2015)
  • Floral layer: Pink Paislee Memorandum (2015)
  • Teal and pink glitter letters: Heidi Swapp
  • Perfect day banner: Simple Stories 
  • Heart chipboard: Freckled Fawn
  • Sequins: Scraptastic kit
  • Girls just wanna have fun banner: Bella Blvd #611 bachelorette
  • We are so awesome stickers: Amy Tangerine Remarks Typed (2013)
  • Pink and teal cardstock layers: scraps from stash
I look forward to creating my next layout! Until next time!

You May Also Like

0 comments