{Crimp Crazy} Layout (9/12/16)

by - 5:53 PM



Hello! For my next layout I used the sketch over on the Sketches in Thyme website.  It is sketch #218 created by Sara Mishler.  I really like the layout in this sketch.  It is a grid, which I enjoy, with 4 pictures.  The sketch shows hints of mixed media in the background, which is not my style.  Here is the sketch:
img_2667









I created a layout from pictures taken recently of my daughters.  They decided that they wanted to have crimped hair for the second day of school.  Because they have hair similar to mine, I knew that we would need to do it the morning of in order for it to still be there during the day.  So I got them up early and had them get ready.  I plugged in the crimper and it took F-O-R-E-V-E-R to warm up.  We ended up all in the bathroom with only 15-20 minutes left before we had to leave crimping their hair.  In order to save time, we did a faux crimp and only did the top layer of hair.  They thought it was awesome.  Here is the layout I created:
img_2675
I used the grid part of the sketch.  My photos are not great quality so I cut them down to 2x2 squares and backed them with some scraps of paper.  I did not do any mixed media (surprise).  I chose to use purple on my layout because I have heard a lot of people say they struggle with purple in scrapbooking.  I love purple and think it works as well as pink in most cases. I used my scrap box and dug out some old stickers.  I used a flair which is unusual for me.  I have very few flair and struggle to use them, not sure why.  Anyway, I really like how this turned out.  I chose to turn the pictures because I could not get the grid to be straight and figured this way it was harder to tell and I though it added a playfulness to the layout.
Here is a list of products I used:
  • Background paper, floral square scrap, plus sign scrap: Pink Paislee-Memorandum (2015)
  • white and teal chevron square scrap: Pebbles-Jen Hadfield-Home+Made- Best Of (2015)
  • polka dot colorful square scrap: Dear Lizzy-Documentary (2015)
  • purple layer scrap: Echo Park- Little Girl (2010)
  • Pink butterfly layer scrap: Dear Lizzy-Polka Dot Party (2013)
  • floral layer scrap: American Crafts-My Girl (2012)
  • teal layer scrap: unknown manufacturer
  • Flair badge: Scraptastic exclusive
  • yellow sequins: Scraptastic exclusive
  • pink, teal, and purple sequins: Doodlebug Designs
  • triangle epoxy stickers: Freckled Fawn
  • wood chevrons: Pinkfresh Studios wood drop stickers
  • getting ready sticker: Bella Blvd-Love and Marriage-Alpha+Bits #580 (2013)
  • craziness, you keep me busy, and Friday stickers: Echo Park-Kaitlin Sheafer-Creative Agenda- Element Stickers #CA70014 (2014)
  • date sticker: Echo Park-Little Girl-Element Stickers #LG10014 (2010)
  • purple, teal, and yellow washi tape: We-R-Memory Keepers
  • pink washi: Bella Blvd
  • enamel heart- I think this is from Freckled Fawn
  • yellow enamel dots: unknown manufacturer
  • purple sparkle enamel dots: KI Memories Playlist
  • primp die cut: We-R-Memory Keepers- Tiffanys
  • pink letter stickers: Thickers-Patchwork-fabric in Ladybug
  • teal glitter letters: Heidi Swapp puffy stickers (2015)
  • black ink: Staz On- Jet Black
  • roller date stamp: Pebbles
See you again soon!
Untitled

You May Also Like

0 comments