{First Day Of School} Layout (10/16/16)

by - 6:23 PM

Hello!  Back again with a layout using the October 1st sketch from Stuck?! Sketches.  I liked the use of 2 photos and the angled mat.  Here is the sketch:
10-october-1-2016-stuck-sketches-lwd600x600
I chose to turn the layout on its side.  I started out following it closely but then I didn't like the way my photo layers were interacting with the background mat.  Here is my layout:
img_3163img_3133img_3132
I used 2 photos of my kids on the first day of school in 2013.  It was the first year that all three were going to be in school.  While we always took pictures on the first day, this was the first year that we had them hold up what grade they were in.  I loved how this turned out and so we have done this every year since.
I have always wanted to be one of those Pinterest moms.  You know, the ones that have chalkboards with the grades of their children and host a photo shoot on the first day in front of their carefully constructed porch vignette.  However, try as I might, this has not happened.  The closest I have come is making sure we get one of these photos every year.  We try to get one serious and one silly.  They have turned out amazing!
So I chose to use a silly and a serious.  I used doilies as the circles in the sketch.  I turned the mat to the other side because I didn't like how the layer under the first photo was going with the mat.  I love how this turned out!

Here is the list of products I used:
  • white background: Colorbök
  • blue polka dot, floral layer, blue layer, print layer, colorful polka dot layer: Amy Tangerine Better Together
  • green doilies: Target dollar spot
  • cameras: fussy cut from Amy Tangerine paper
  • circle elements and red arrow: October Afternoon Daily Flash
  • school rules, notes, first day of school tags: Little Yellow Bicycle
  • triangle enamel shapes and numbers: Freckled Fawn
  • sequins: Doodlebug
Thanks for visiting! See you again soon!
Untitled


You May Also Like

0 comments