{First Day of School 2015} layout 9/22/16

by - 6:08 PM



Hello!  I created a layout for the book cover challenge over at the Scrap Our Stash blog.  The challenge is to the provided book cover for inspiration and to use a book page on your layout.  Here is the provided inspiration:
sos-sept
We have a tradition at our house that was started when my youngest was in 4K to take the kids pics outside of the house with them holding up their grades on their fingers.  I have not scrapped any of these photos yet!  I love how they turn out but I just have never got around to scrapping them.  So I decided to do last years photo for this layout.  I chose to use similar but not exact colors to go with the inspiration.  For the book page, I ripped the acknowledgements page out of one of my old paperbacks.  Here is what I created:
IMG_2810.JPGimg_2807img_2806img_2805I ended up going embellishment crazy on this one!  I chose this background paper because it had some of the colors I was looking for in the triangles.  Then I selected a duller red and yellow than what is in the inspiration piece.  I added pops of green/teal to play up the pictures.  I am impressed where I went with this because it is more busy than I usually do.  For the last few months I feel like I have been trying to push outside my comfort zone to use up my stash.  This background paper really called to me and I went with it!
YouTube video is uploading and will be ready soon! 

Here is a list of products I used:
  • background paper: We R Memory Keepers-Shine-Brilliant (2014)
  • red polka dot paper: Crate Paper
  • yellow cardstock: American Crafts (?)
  • calendar: Dear Lizzy-Documentary
  • wood veneer heart: Studio Calico
  • all other wood veneer: Scraptastic
  • a little bird told me sticker: Little Yellow Bicycle
  • so glad I have you chipboard, 2015,  and tile letter stickers: Echo Park-For the Record 2
  • circle elements and numbers: Teresa Collins-Life Emporium (2014)
  • teal banner stickers and light green sticker pieces: Teresa Collins-Nine and Co
  • notebook paper border sticker: Echo Park-Head Over Heels (2013)
  • black letter stickers: Jellibean Soup-Alphabeans-blanched black (2009)
  • school letters: Thickers-Chalkboard
  • roller date stamp: Pebbles
  • Ink: Hero Arts-Charcoal
  • green/teal stickers in "1" and "7" cluster: really old from my stash unknown manufacturer
I look forward to creating more soon!  Thanks for visiting! See you soon!
Untitled

You May Also Like

0 comments