{A Boy and His Dog} layout and YouTube video (9/15/16)

by - 6:00 PM



Hello! Yesterday I decided to do something new. I created a YouTube account and filmed my first video! It took me most of the day to figure out the editing and uploading but it finished and went live last night! I'm super excited about it. My daughters are super excited because they want to make videos too. My son thinks I'm a huge dork. Oh well, 2 out of 3 ain't bad!
I created this layout using the Septemeber 1st sketch from Stuck?! Sketches. It has another circle.... I dislike circles. My last 2 layouts have included circles. So I wanted to challenge myself to come up with another way around the circle (haha). Here is the sketch:










It is a lovely sketch. One of my go to designs. But that darn circle! Here is what I created:

Instead of using a circle I traced one on the yellow 6x6 paper. Clever huh? I used a heap of scraps for this layout. The photo is of my son and our puppy that we got in February. I love how precious they look. Our puppy is now huge.

And still believes she is a lap dog! Anyway, back to the layout. I chose to move the embellishment clusters and the title. My title was too big to fit in the corner so I moved it to under the photo.
Please come check out the video and subscribe on YouTube!







Here is the list of products:
  • Background: Glitz Designs-Hoopla (2010)
  • White triangle: Pebbles-Jen Hadfield-Home+Made- Best Of
  • Yellow layer and cut apart tags: Scraptastic exclusive
  • Brown star layer: Chickaniddy Crafts-Scrumptious-Nutmeg (2014)
  • Dark teal layer: Cosmo Cricket-Jack's World
  • Yellow 6x6 paper: Dear Lizzy
  • Teal photo layer: Studio Calico
  • Polka dot photo layer: MME
  • Die cut pieces: October Afternoon
  • Burlap hearts: Simple Stories- DIY
  • Pearls and Dog letter stickers: Unknown manufacturer
  • Brads: Echo Park-For the Record 2 & Getaway
  • Boy letters: Bella Blvd-Love and Marriage-Alpha+Bits
  • Tile letter stickers: Echo Park- For the Record 2
I'm excited to continue with sharing my scrappy creations! See you next time!

You May Also Like

0 comments