{Let's Explore Nashville} Scrapbook Layout (7/15/16)

by - 5:39 PM


Hello! I've been feeling really scrappy lately! Today I was working with the July week 1 sketch from Let's Get Sketchy blog.  The sketch was created by Brenshevia.


I find using the fishtails banners challenging. I'm not really sure why. But I pushed myself to work with the ones in the sketch. Here is my creation:

I am still trying to use up my scraps and my box of random embellishments. This page took about an hour only because I fussed for so long over the banner cuts. I probably redid them 10 times because I felt that the angle was wrong or they were crooked or whatever neurotic thought was running through my mind. I finally settled on the fact that I'm not perfect and moved on (why is it so difficult  to give up on perfection?).  Here is a list of what I used:
  • Background paper: Pink Paislee Memorandum
  • Vertical Teal chevron: Jen Hadfield Best Of collection from Michaels
  • Horizontal teal chevron: I'm not sure if it's Maggie Holmes or Crate Paper
  • Green paper: very old...maybe DCWV but not certain
  • Grey feather paper: Amy Tangerine Plus One
  • Teal and white polka dot: Teresa Collins memories
  • Doily: Target Dollar Spot
  • Blue-green washi: Recollections Color Splash
  • Flowers: Fussy cut from Echo Park We Are Family paper
  • Wood buttons: Freckled Fawn
  • Glitter enamel dots: manufacturer unknown
  • Teal glitter hearts: from Heidi Swapp alpha sheet
  • Beautiful tag and both block letters: Simple Stories
  • Tags: Fussy cut from Pink Paislee Memorandum paper
  • Pink glitter letters: Heidi Swapp
I really had fun playing along! I am already working on my next layout for the previous sketch on Let's Get Sketchy.

You May Also Like

0 comments