{Beauty} Layout (10/22/16)

by - 6:28 PM


Hello!  I created a different layout for me.  My inspiration came from the Sketches in Thyme sketch 223.  The sketch shows mixed media, dun-du-duuuunnnn.  Here is the sketch:
12919821_10154103917526133_1076505936247898292_n
I am uncomfortable with mixed media.  I love when others use it on their layouts.  I HATE when I try.  I feel like it always looks like a kindergarteners art project.  But I chose to face my fears.  I started out with a practice sheet.  Here is what I did:
IMG_3302.JPG
And of course I hated it.  There were some elements that I liked though.  I really like how the alphabet stencil turned out.  I also liked the way the paint looked.  So I decided to try again.  I chose to use vellum the second time.  Here's the layout that resulted:
img_3299img_3269img_3268I love how this came out!!  For the mixed media, I used an alphabet stencil, a couple of stamps, and a roller stamp.  I also used Heidi Swapp Color Shine in gold.  For the background, I sewed the vellum onto a piece of pattern paper.  I then dumped some sequins in to create a kind of shaker effect.  I then sewed it closed.  This is different then most of my layouts.  I have been trying this style out and am enjoying the way it turns out.
Here is a list of products I used:
  • Floral paper, red script paper, and fussy-cut florals: We R Memory Keepers Wildflower
  • vellum and sequins: Paper Studio
  • Green arrow paper: Pebbles-Jen Hadfield-Home+Made
  • wood veneer letters and pearls: Freckled Fawn
  • Alphabet stencil: American Traditional Stencils (1995)
  • heart roller stamp: American Crafts DIY Shop
  • script stamp: Heidi Swapp Calendar
  • punchella(?) stamp: Prima
  • gold thread: Sewology
  • butterfly: Recollections vellum, Fiskars butterfly punch
  • gold ink: Stampabilities gold metallic ink
  • grey ink: Hero Arts charcoal and soft granite
  • ink drops: Heidi Swapp Color Shine Gold
  • glitter enamel dots: unknown manufacturer
Thanks for visiting!  See you again soon!
Untitled

You May Also Like

0 comments