{Beautiful Sunset} layout (8/26/16)

by - 5:50 PM


Hello! Back again with another layout. This was inspired by the August book inspired stash challenge at the Scrap Our Stash blog. Here is the inspiration:

I chose to use the colors and the travel theme from this book cover. I unintentially copied my last layout. The background paper I used is so beautiful and I wanted to showcase it. It took me FOREVER to commit. But finally I came up with the following:

The picture I chose was on taken on our July vacation in Orlando. It was so beautiful at sunset. I snapped this photo with my IPhone on our walk back from the pool. I love when moments like this work out! Like I said I really struggled with this and ended up copying my Glow Party layout. 
Once I got the layout I struggled with the embellishments. Since my injury I have been scrapping in my bedroom. This has only allowed me to have access to a limited amount of my scrap stash. I have challenged myself to use up some of the older things in my stash and that's all I had brought up to my room. This stash has been picked through for all of the layouts I've completed and I am finding that I don't have a ton to choose from. But I think I made it work after a lot of digging. I used 3 decorative paper clips on the layout which made me proud. I find them hard to use. They are awkward and hard to attach. I also used 3 frames. I love frames. I think this layout turned out fantastic!
Here is a list of products I used:
  • Background: Amy Tangerine Stiched Map of My Heart
  • Dark teal cardstock layer: American Crafts (I believe)
  • Black and white layer: Amy Tangerine Plus One 6x6 paper
  • Pink floral layer: Amy Tangerine Better Together 6x6 paper
  • Teal and white chevron layer: Jen Hadfield Home Made
  • Frames: Simple Stories
  • My favorite place card: Amy tangerine Plus One 6x6 cut apart
  • Gold doily: Recollections 
  • Cloud paper clips: Freckled Fawn
  • Teal glitter letters: Pink Paislee Solstice
  • White glitter foam letters and dots:Amy Tangerine Thickers Layers
  • Black glitter hearts: Heidi Swapp
Thanks for taking the time to look at my layout! Please subscribe to my blog to see more of my creations!

You May Also Like

0 comments