{Face Paint Funnies} Layout (10/28/16)

by - 6:30 PM

Hello! I have another layout created for a sketch challenge (imagine that!).  This is for Sketch N Scrap #115.  I chose this sketch because I had 3 photos that I wanted to scrap and this called for 3 photos.  Sometimes it just works out that way!  Here is the sketch:
kelly
I stick to the sketch really close.  I really like this sketch layout.  (Tangent ahead) Does anyone else have a problem using sketches that are in color?  I tend to find it distracting.  I find that I feel like I have to use that color in some way on my layout.  I think its a subliminal issue for me.  To combat this, I turn the sketch black and white so that its not so hard for me to overcome.  Just thought I'd share just in case anyone else has the same issue :)
Anyway, here is my layout:
img_3300img_3295img_3294
This is a fun layout.  I really like that background paper.  The layout isn't my absolute favorite by I think its cute so it'll do :).
The pictures are of my kids after getting their face painted at the farmers market.  They decided they wanted to be funny.  My youngest was 4 at the time and the funniest thing she could think of was a rainbow....with clouds.  It's funny how their brains work.  My other daughter chose a wizard and my son a beard and mustache.  We waited in line on a very hot day for them to get this.  The next door booth was a belly dancing class booth.  They had scarves and little finger symbols.  The girls had a blast playing with them while we waited.  It did get a little weird when the adult class all showed up and performed.  The costumes they had chose to wear were a little revealing so it was a tad uncomfortable to watch.  But then they had a younger class who were wearing costumes similar to Jasmine (from Aladdin) but with longer tops.  That was a lot of fun.  They had the girls in the audience come and learn part of the dance and perform with them.

Here is a list of the products I used:
  • Background: Me & My Big Ideas Perfect (?) collection
  • pink triangles: American Crafts My Girl
  • blue cardstock: not positive but think The Paper Studio maybe
  • vellum: The Paper Studio
  • journalling card: My Minds Eye Cut and Paste (I think)
  • Hexagons, chevron stickers and black letters: Pebbles-Jen Hadfield-Home+Made
  • stripe hearts and arrow stickers: Heidi Swapp epoxy stickers
  • pom-pom ribbon: I think American Crafts
  • "Face" stickers: unknown manufacturer (wish I had more!)
  • "paint" letters: Thickers Daiquiri
  • ink: Hero Arts Unicorn and Charcoal
  • White pen: UniBall Signo white gel pen
  • black pen: American Crafts Precision Pen .03
  • date stamp: Pebbles
Thanks for visiting! See you again next time!!
Untitled


You May Also Like

0 comments