{Smile} layout and another video (9/16/16)

by - 6:02 PM



Hello!  I created a layout using the September challenge from The Studio Challenges.  It is to use frames.  I have a large collection of frames.  I had bought a deal from Peachy Cheap in which I got 4-5 packs of Simple Stories chipboard frames from various collections.  I also had a pack of Dear Lizzy frames that I've had for a long time. This challenge gave me an excuse to use some of them up.  Here is what I created:
img_2763img_2762
The picture is of my family on our back porch sometime earlier this summer.  I really love that picture!  It's hard to get all 5 of us smiling.  Usually one or more of us will make funny faces.  I think this layout turned out great.
When I was placing the frames, I was careful not to create areas of trapped space.  If you watch the video you can see in my original layout there was some trapped space to start with.  That really bugs me because then I feel that I need to fill it with something.  In the case of this layout, I wanted to keep the embellishments simple because I felt that the frames and the pattern papers I used to back them were enough.
Please check out the process video for this layout!







Here is the list of products that I used:
  • Background paper: Bella Blvd-Love and Marriage-Cute Cuts (2013)
  • 4 chipboard frames: Simple Stories
  • cardstock frames: Dear Lizzy (2012)
  • white and black polka dot: Pebbles-Jen Hadfield-Home+Made-Best Of
  • two-toned hearts: Pink Paislee-Solstice
  • text paper: Crate Paper (2012)
  • Pink chevron: Pebbles-Jen Hadfield
  • gray "love you with all my heart" cut apart: American Crafts-Pebbles-From Me to You-Notes
  • cut parts: Crate Paper-Maggie Holmes-Styleboard-Inspiration
  • Smile: Heidi Swapp-Hello Today-Memory Planner-Clear Words
  • velum pieces: Heidi Swapp-mixed media ephemera die cuts
  • enamel heart: possibly Freckled Fawn?
Thanks for visiting.  See you soon!
Untitled

You May Also Like

0 comments