SpiegelMom Scraps Sunday Funday with Daisie: Giraffe Family

by - 7:00 AM



Hey everyone!  I'm back with another layout for the SpiegelMom Scraps YouTube channel.  The new September sequin mixes are out and based on famous pieces of artwork.  The Sparklers are using artwork as their inspiration for the month of September. 

I did a Pinterest search for a giraffe.  Crazy right?  Not like me.  I had 2 pictures, one of my daughter as a giraffe with a Snapchat filter and one with us posed by a giraffe statue.  So a giraffe seemed logical.  Here is the one I decided on.


Unfortunately I was unable to track this back to the original artist.  It does have a signature on the side that I think says Ester S. but I can't see it very clearly.  I loved the patchwork quality of this and the colors.  Its just what I was looking for.  Here is what I created with it.



I'm in love with this!!  I free-handed a giraffe shape, traced it with tracing paper, and pieced all of the scraps together.  I used 9 different sequin mixes (On Pointe, Aquarius, Lisa's Starry Night, Painted Gardens, Peachy Keen, Water Lilies, Gone With The Wind, Black Tie Event, & Just Beachin It).  I also used Shimmerz Coloringz in Night Moves and Pink Stilettos and Shimmerz Vibez in Jeni Be Bleu.  I added minimal layers and only a title.  I didn't want to take away from the amazing giraffe!  I really love this!

Here is the link to the video.  Please check it out!  Then head over to the SpiegelMom Scraps Blog and Instagram to see what the other Sparklers are up to! 


Don't forget to use my code DAISIE15 for 15% off your next order at the shop!!


Thanks for visiting!  See you again soon!

Daisie


SaveSaveSaveSave

You May Also Like

0 comments