What I've been working on...

by - 12:55 PM

Hi everyone!  I know I said I was back to blogging..... but I decided that taking the summer off isn't a bad thing.  It's really hard right now to blog, post on YouTube, post on Instagram, and Facebook.  So for the summer I am cutting myself some slack.  In a month the kids go back to school and I will have more time for it again.  I figure until then I will post occasional updates on what I have been working on.



My biggest news is that I am on 2 inspirational design teams.  One is a collaboration put together by Alicia (Call Me Crafty Al) where we are given monthly inspiration piece to create what we will with it.  This group includes a variety of paper crafters so the projects completed vary.  We are allowed to create anything we want.  Everyone has to share a video on YouTube showing the project.  I choose to do a complete process video but others just explain their projects.  This is a fun and challenging team!

The second team I was just accepted onto.  It is the Crafty Channel Surf's Something Inspiration Team.  This is a team created by Lea (Scrap and Plan with Lea) for the Crafty Channel Surf's Facebook group.  Each month we will create a project based off of Something Inspirational :)  For example, my first month I will create a layout with something small.  It can be anything based off how I interpret that prompt.  Each DT member will have a different inspiration each month and we will rotate that inspiration.  We will be posting YouTube videos and posting on the Crafty Channel Surf Facebook group.  So look out for that!!

I was able to run an online crop in July.  There is a Facebook group called Shiralee's Online Crop.  This group was created to see who is interested in an online crop.  I volunteered to run one group that was at 10 AM for me.  There was some confusion on the time zones so only one other person attended but it was a lot of fun!!  I was able to scrap for 3 hours with Sue from the UK.  We talked a lot and shared about our scrapbook style, likes/dislikes, and just had fun socializing while we created.  If you are interested follow this link and join the group.  We are looking to have another crop in August.

Other than that, I have been using my typical inspiration to create layouts.  I have my SpiegelMom Scraps weekly layout, Paper Issues challenges, and Stuck?! Sketches.  Because summer is so busy I haven't been scrapping quite as much.  But everything I have created is on Instagram so go check it out!!

I will be back soon with more updates and hope to get back to a more stable schedule in September.  Thanks for visiting!! See you soon :)

You May Also Like

0 comments