{20 Minute Wait} Layout (9/27/16)

by - 6:12 PM



Hello!  Today I am participating in a sketch challenge at Sketch~N~Scrap.  It is for sketch 113.  I recently discovered this site and I am excited to play along.  Here is the sketch:
sketch-113
I chose to slightly alter the sketch.  I had a story that I wanted to tell with 6 photos.  I chose to print them and cut them down then mount them into a filmstrip.  The pictures show my two oldest children having fun while we were waiting for a table at a restaurant.  They took a bunch of funny face selfies completely oblivious to the group of people surrounding us.  It was awesome seeing them get along so well!  Here is the layout I created:
img_2916img_2834img_2833img_2832
As you can see, I turned the sketch on it's side.  I chose to keep the photos in a vertical orientation.  I used the banner from the sketch and what I consider a long title.  The bow I handmade from some of the text paper.  I feel that I was able to stick close to the sketch while making it my own.  I love this story and really enjoy this layout!
I created a process video for this layout.  It is not wanting to upload to YouTube just yet.  I will provide a link when it is available! 

Here is the products I used:
  • background: Crate Paper-Hello Love
  • floral layer: My Minds Eye-Cut and Paste
  • text layer and border black polkadot: Pebbles-Jen Hadfield-Home+Made-Best Of Collection
  • stripe paper: We R Memory Keepers-Wildflower
  • washi: We R Memory Keepers
  • floral cut outs: Echo Park-We Are Family
  • numbers: Freckled Fawn
  • tiny tile letters: Basic Gray-Hey Boy
  • glitter teal letters: Thickers-Sunny
  • banner: Scraptastic Exclusive
  • thread: Singer
Thanks for visiting!  See you again soon!
Untitled

You May Also Like

0 comments