SpiegelMom Scraps Superhero Scrapbook Layout

by - 11:20 PM

Hi Everyone!  Today I am up on the SpiegelMom Scraps YouTube channel with a fun Superhero layout.  The theme for the month of February is Love and Cut Files.  I used this opportunity to document my family's love of superheroes.
I chose to start with a white card stock background.  I used some of the Shimmerz Blingz in Hi Ho Silver to add a few splatters.  I set that aside to dry and worked on my cut file.  The cut file I am using is a design from the Silhouette store by Paige Evans.  Its a gorgeous star wreath.  I sprayed the cut file with Shimmerz Spritz in Chance Of Rain to make it a beautiful blue color.  Then came time to build the layout.

I dug through my stash and found the Bella Blvd. All American collection.  It just screamed to be used for this layout!  I took a chunk of my favorite design and put it at the top and bottom of the layout.  I then found the border strip paper and cut a couple to layer with the header and footer.  I found a heart from a cut apart card that worked perfectly as part of my title.
The hardest part of my layouts lately is making words out of the alphas that I have.  I found these chipboard alphas from Fancy Pants that worked great and I was able to spell everything I needed.  I added some October Afternoon Sticky Key alphas to finish it off.
The best part of the layout is the finishing.  I love adding sequins to my layouts to create texture and add sparkle.  Today I used the Southern Blue Bells and In The New Year sequin mixes.  I added some iridescent white sequins to the cut file to make the stars shine.  I think scattered some royal blue, silver, and red sequins around the page.
Please head over and check out the process video!  It shows more details that what I have shared here.  Don't forget that you can use my code DAISIE15 for 15% off your next order!
Thanks so much for visiting!  See you again soon!



Daisie

You May Also Like

0 comments